Great with cold meats and salads. Instead of all water to top up, try a drop of port or red wine!
Ingredients for Jellied Beetroot:
- 1lb cooked beetroot, cubed
- One packet of blackcurrant, cherry or raspberry jelly
- ½ pint boiling water to melt jelly
- ¼ pint vinegar
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- Cold water to make jelly up to a pint
Method for Jellied Beetroot:
- Pack jars with beetroot and pour jelly over.
- Shake jars to ensure no air spaces and further top up if needed. Easy Peasy!
This recipe appeared in the SWRI (Scottish Women’s Rural Institute) cookbook about 30 years ago.