Ingredients for Carrot and Coriander Soup:
- Low fat cooking spray
- 150g dried red lentils
- 1 onion diced
- 2 pints hot veg stock two cubes (or less if you want the soup thicker)
- 500g diced carrots
- Large handful of coriander (optional)
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- ½ tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp of ground cumin seeds
- 2 tsp of mild chilli powder
Method for Carrot and Coriander Soup:
- Heat saucepan, spray with olive oil (or use water), add the onion and carrots and cook until soft.
- Add garlic and still well for one minute, then stir through the spices and add the lentils and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are soft
- Blend the soup, season to taste and add the coriander.
This makes four very large servings with a point’s value of half a point each (weightwatchers).
I’m always making this and very lovely and healthy….