Easy to make, takes about 10 minutes to prepare and less than 40 minutes in total to cook. Serves 4 to 6 depending on appetite.
Ingredients for Basil and Courgette Pasta Bake :
- 10 oz dry weight pasta
- small bunch of fresh chopped basil
- small bunch of fresh chopped chives
- small bunch of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 red chilli, adjust to your own taste
- 2 onions sliced
- 3 medium courgettes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 large tins chopped tomatoes
- Medium tub of fromage frais
- Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
Method for Basil and Courgette Pasta Bake:
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling water or vegetable stock, drain.
- Fry the courgette, onion and garlic for about 3 minutes in the olive oil, add the chilli, basil, chives, tomato. Bring the sauce to a gentle boil. Stir in the cooked pasta, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a casserole dish, bake in the oven 190 c / 375f / gas 5 for 25 minutes.
- Spoon over the fromage frais and sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.