This is very easy to prepare, delicious to eat, and always impresses people. You can use your ‘’own-grown’’ salad vegetables or whatever you have. It is the perfect accompaniment for barbeques, picnics, or any alfresco summer dining.
Ingredients for Summer Pasta Salad:
- 500g bag of Pasta (twists, or penne etc.)
- 500ml bottle of light Vinaigrette Dressing.
- Any variation of different coloured salad vegetables – for example:
- A dozen cherry tomatoes halved.
- ½ a cucumber, sliced, and the slices quartered.
- ½ a yellow or orange Capsicum/Pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped into 1cm pieces.
- A dozen Mange-Tout Peas cut into two or three pieces.
- A dozen Baby Sweet-Corn cut into two or three pieces.
- 2 or 3 Spring-Onions/Scallions, sliced.
- Some fresh mint leaves to taste, chopped, and some tender sprigs of mint to garnish.
Method for Summer Pasta Salad:
- Boil the Pasta until cooked, then drain, and cool it in fresh cold-water until no heat remains.
- Drain it again, and put into a large mixing/serving bowl.
- Pour Vinaigrette Dressing over the Pasta, and stir carefully until it is well-coated.
- Gently stir-in all of the prepared salad Vegetables.
- Top with sprigs of mint. Then serve cold.
Leave a Comment Here on Summer Pasta Salad Recipe