This recipe is from a vegetarian MALE body-builder!! I have made this dozens of times so know how popular it is.
Ingredients for Banana & Raisin Loaf :
- 8 oz wholemeal flour
- 4 tsps baking powder
- 4 oz dark muscovado sugar
- 4 oz soft butter
- 1 lb ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz raisins
Method for Banana & Raisin Loaf:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f/Gas Mark 4
- Grease and line 2 x 1lb loaf tins.
- Sift into a large bowl the wholemeal flour and baking powder. Mix in the sugar and rub in the butter.
- Mash the really ripe bananas (approx 4 /5) in another bowl along with the eggs and mix together.
- Tip this into the bowl with the flour etc. and add the raisins and stir together gently.
- Spoon into the loaf tins and level the tops.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for approx 45/50 minutes (skewer test as usual with cakes).
We love this spread with butter. If you make this in one large tin, then cook a little longer .
It does ” crack on the top ” and is really best eaten the following day. Wrap well in foil when it has cooled down.