This recipe is from a vegetarian MALE body-builder!! I have made this dozens of times so know how popular it is.
Ingredients for Banana & Raisin Loaf :
- 8 oz wholemeal flour
- 4 tsps baking powder
- 4 oz dark muscovado sugar
- 4 oz soft butter
- 1 lb ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz raisins
Method for Banana & Raisin Loaf:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f/Gas Mark 4
- Grease and line 2 x 1lb loaf tins.
- Sift into a large bowl the wholemeal flour and baking powder. Mix in the sugar and rub in the butter.
- Mash the really ripe bananas (approx 4 /5) in another bowl along with the eggs and mix together.
- Tip this into the bowl with the flour etc. and add the raisins and stir together gently.
- Spoon into the loaf tins and level the tops.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for approx 45/50 minutes (skewer test as usual with cakes).
We love this spread with butter. If you make this in one large tin, then cook a little longer .
It does ” crack on the top ” and is really best eaten the following day. Wrap well in foil when it has cooled down.
very delicious, light, moist and although the smell of bananas is strong the taste isn’t overwhelming.