Rhubarb and Custard Ice Cream Recipe
Rhubarb and Custard Ice Cream Recipe Submitted by Gail
Ingredients for Rhubarb and Custard Ice Cream :
- 1 lb rhubarb roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6ozs caster sugar
- ½ pint double cream
- can of ready to serve custard (425ml)
Method for Rhubarb and Custard Ice Cream:
- Place rhubarb, water and sugar in a saucepan, heat gently and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the rhubarb is softened and like a purée.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Gently whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, then gently beat in the custard.
- Stir in the rhubarb purée.
- Place in container and freeze until slushy, then beat and refreeze until firm, or use an ice cream maker.
I have cooked and frozen down some rubarb from the garden can i defrost and use this to make ice cream.
Hi Rob, I have used frozen rhubarb and it has been fine,although it may be slightly more watery.
What lovely ice cream. Thank you will make a lot more of this.