Ingredients for Moroccan Vegetable One Pot:
For the chermoula paste:
- 2 red onion (I used one red and one white cause that’s all I had)
- 3 cloves garlic
- small knob fresh root ginger, peeled
- 100mls lemon juice (about three lemons)
- 100ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp each honey, cumin, paprika, turmeric
- 1 teaspoon hot chilli powder (I used half)
- a handful of coriander chopped (did not have these)
For the Tagine:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 carrots cut into chunks
- 3 large parsnips cut into chunks
- 3 red onions cut into chunks
- 2 large potatoes cut into chunks
- 4 leeks ends trimmed and cut into chunks
- 12 dried prunes dates or figs
- 2 sprigs mint leaves only finely chopped
Method for Moroccan Vegetable One Pot:
- Whizz the paste ingredients in a blender.
- Heat oven to 220 C fan 200C gas 7
- Tip oil and veg into a heat proof casserole and cook on hob till lightly browned about minutes you may have to do this in batches. (Did not really bother about this part)
- Add the chermoula paste to the casserole along with dried fruit and pour in 400ml water. Mix well.
- Cover with a lid and cook in the oven for 45 mins
- Reduce heat to 180/160/4 and cook for a further 45 mins
Sprinkle with mint and serve on its own or with couscous or crusty bread. I did not have any mint.
I don’t like prunes so when I had cooked the dish I removed the prunes which worked well but they are necessary for the taste.