Ingredients for Kentish Apple Tart:
- 6 oz shortcrust pastry
- 2 large cooking apples
- 3 oz sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 oz softened butter
- rind and juice of one lemon
Method for Kentish Apple Tart:
- Line a pie plate/flan dish with the pastry.
- Grate 2 large cooking apples into a basin, add the sugar, beaten egg, butter and the rind and juice of the lemon.
- Mix well.
- Put this mixture into the pastry case.
- Bake at 375ºF, 190ºC, gas mark 5, Fan oven about 170º, for about 35 minutes.
Hope you enjoy. I leave the apple mix loose in the pastry case (if you know what I mean) and let the top get lovely and crisp and golden.
Making Pastry Advice & Help
These guides compliment our recipes section. Basic guide to making pastry - for individual types of pastry, see below. Pastry Ingredients: Flour for Pastry Making: Use good quality flour for pastry making if you can. It should be quite dry...
These pastry making guides compliment our recipes section. Shortcrust pastry is the most common type of pastry and very easy to make though it does need to be kept cool and handled as little as possible. Use for sweet and savoury flans, pies, tarts...