Ingredients for Tandoori Chicken with Radish Salad:
- I chicken (about 1.5 kg)
- 150 ml low fat yoghourt – if it is fat free add 1 tsp oil as otherwise it is to dry.
- I tsp ginger pulp
- 1 tsp garlic pulp
- 1 tbs tomato puree
- 1 tsp chilli powder (or less if you don’t want it too hot)
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1.5 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Sunflower oil to grease tray
- Lemon wedges to serve
- 4 large crispy lettuce leaves
- 1 finely sliced small red onion
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 2 tomatoes in quarters
- 4 whole green chillies
- 115 g or thereabout of sliced radishes or mooli
Method for Tandoori Chicken with Radish Salad:
- Skin chicken and cut into 8 pieces. In each piece make two deep slashes with a sharp knife to let flavours permeate.
- Put yoghurt in bowl, with garlic, ginger, tomato puree, lemon juice, ground coriander seeds, garam masala , salt to taste (I don’t out any in!) & 225 ml water. Mix well together and pour over chicken, rub well into cuts and leave at least 3 hrs (or overnight).
- Heat up oven as hot as possible, put chicken pieces on oiled tray (I use foil on it or that silicon sheet and no oil) Cook fro 15 – 20 minutes until thickest part when pierced has clear not pink juices. Some small blackish bits are fine but don’t let it burn completely.
- While chicken is cooking mix up salad ingredients and arrange on serving plates.
- Serve chicken pieces on bed of salad, with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Plain chapattis make a good accompaniment and are also fat free.