For 4 servings – give or take.
Ingredients for Courgette Burgers:
- 250 grams courgette
- 1 onion
- handful of mint
- 2 x crushed garlic cloves
- Self raising flour to mix + ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- lemon juice
- extra salt to drain the courgettes and onions
Method for Courgette Burgers:
- Grate or process the courgettes and onions. Sprinkle a good few teaspoons of salt over them and put into a sieve over a bowl. Weight them down and leave to drain for a few hours. (They need to be quite dry or as dry as possible).
- Mix with chopped mint, garlic, pepper and enough self raising flour (with the baking powder) to form a workable mix. Form into rough burger shapes and fry in hot olive oil until nicely risen and brown.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and serve with salad or a tomato dish.
Yet another courgette recipe to tackle the glut. The problem with courgettes is that one plant isn’t enough but two plants or worse three and you’re inundated at the height of the season.