Makes about 2 litres of soup which is quite a lot!
Ingredients for Leek and Celery Soup :
- 1 whole head of celery.
- 3 medium leeks
- 1 onion
- 2 pints of vegetable stock made with 3 stock cubes
- 1 good teaspoon of mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of honey
Method for Leek and Celery Soup:
- Wash the celery and leeks and cut into chunks.
- Peel and roughly chop the onion.
- Place the celery, leeks and onion into a large pan together with the stock, mixed herbs and salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer half of the mixture into a blender, add the honey and the lemon juice and blend to a puree.
- Tip into a large dish and then blend the other half of the mixture to the same consistency and add to the dish.
Job done. To freeze, I use the 1 litre screw top plastic jars that my breakfast peaches or pears come in (labels removed).