Spicy New Potatoes Recipe Submitted by Janeymiddlewife
Ingredients for Spicy New Potatoes:
- 1 lb baby new potatoes
- Bunch spring onions chopped
- Fresh or frozen cherry tomatoes halved if fresh, no need to bother if frozen
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 or 2 chilli peppers, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon black mustard seed
- 1 tsp sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and Black pepper to taste
Method for Spicy New Potatoes:
- Boil potatoes until just tender; meanwhile heat enough oil to cover the base of a large frying pan.
- Fry mustard seeds until they begin to pop, add spring onions and chilli and stir fry for a minute or two.
- Throw in remaining ingredients and stir fry until everything is coated.
You can also turn this into a main course by adding some cubed feta cheese or halloumi and finishing under a grill.