5 A Day Curry Recipe Submitted by Ann
Ingredients for 5 A Day Curry Recipe:
- 1 butternut squash – diced
- 1 onion – peeled, sliced and diced
- 2 parsnips – peeled and diced
- 2 carrots – peeled and diced
- handful of peas
- handful frozen soya beans
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 sachet red Thai curry paste
- glug of olive oil
- 100ml vegetable stock
Method for 5 A Day Curry Recipe:
- Prepare all the vegetables into diced chunks – not too small.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté all vegetables for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Stir in the Thai curry paste and make sure all vegetables are coated in the paste.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable stock and leave to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add the peas and soya beans and continue to cook until all vegetables are soft (not squashy).
- At this stage you can add a handful of coriander leaves if you wish.
- Serve with boiled Basmati rice and Naan bread.
You can change the vegetables to suit your taste, but this combination gives a really good flavour. You could also use the green curry paste if you prefer.
Enjoy the vegetables from your garden.
i just want to eat more vegetables and five a day vegetable curry will be lovely