A simple Potato and Onion Cake for you to cook for family or friends.
Ingredients for Potato and Onion Cake:
- 1 lb (500g) potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Method for Potato and Onion Cake:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in an 8 inch (20cm) frying pan and lightly sauté the onions.
- In a bowl, place the mashed potatoes, parsley, egg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the onions into the bowl with the potato mixture and mix well.
- Re-heat the frying pan with the remainder of the oil, add the potato and onion mixture and pat lightly into a cake.
- Fry gently for 5 to 7 minutes until the underside is crisp and brown.
- Slide onto a plate and then invert back into the frying pan and fry the other side for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.