Italian Bread Pudding Recipe Submitted by jannie
This is a really easy to make Italian twist on the bread pudding.
Ingredients for Italian Bread Pudding:
- 15g/½ oz/1 tbsp butter
- 2 small eating apples,peeled,cored and sliced into rings
- 75g/2 ¾ oz granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 100g/3 ½ oz bread/sliced crusts removed(slightly stale french baguette is ideal)
- 300ml/½ pint/1 ¼ cups single cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- pared rind of 1 orange cut into matchsticks
- variations include dried fruit sultanas or apricots or cherries or dates
Method for Italian Bread Pudding:
- Lightly grease a 1.2 litre/2 pint deep ovenproof dish with the butter
- Arrange the apple rings in the base of the dish, sprinkle half the sugar over the apples, at this point you can add dried fruit.
- Pour the wine over the fruit, add the slices of bread, pushing them down with your hands to flatten them slightly.
- Mix the cream with the eggs, the remaining sugar and the orange rind and pour the mixture over the bread, leave to soak for 30 mins.
- Bake the pudding in a preheated oven, at 180 c/350 f/gas mark 4, for 25 mins until golden brown and set
- Serve warm with cream. For a skinny option you can use creme fraiche.
I have found this web site really good, is it possible to advise if recipes are suitable for the freezer, especially with the seasons of fruit and veg, we have such a glut of things at the moment…HELP thanks J