Moist Banana Bread Recipe Submitted by Mrs P
Ideal for using up any old mushy black bananas!
Ingredients for Moist Banana Bread:
- 3oz butter or margarine
- 4oz brown or similar sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 large ripe bananas cut up small
- 8oz self-raising flour
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- pinch of salt
- Sultanas if liked or other fruit.
Method for Moist Banana Bread:
- Pre-heat the Oven to 190c, 375F, gas 5
- In a bowl cream together the sugar and butter. Use an electric whisk and beat in one egg.
- Put in bananas and whisk again.
- Put in flour, allspice and salt and whisk.
- Add sultanas or fruit and fold in.
- Tip into a loaf tin (with a liner to make it easier), sprinkle top with little sugar.
- Bake for aprox 40 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
Scrummy yummy! Nice warm with a bit of butter on or cold. Very moist and keeps for days (if not gobbled up all in one day!). Great for all non-cooks as you can put it all in the bowl and mix up. Hardly any washing up do after making this banana bread too!