Rhubarb Mousse Recipe Submitted by GreenOwl
A very easy to make, sweet yet tart creamy dessert that is eaten chilled.
Ingredients for Rhubarb Mousse:
- 1 small tin of evaporated milk
- 1 lb rhubarb (sliced)
- 1 packet of raspberry jelly granules
Method for Rhubarb Mousse:
- Chill small tin of evaporated milk in fridge.
- Cook 1lb of sliced rhubarb gently with 2 tbsp of water and sugar to taste (2 oz?).
- Purée and add packet of raspberry jelly granules.
- Mix well and chill in fridge until almost set.
- Whisk evaporated milk until thick and creamy.
- Mix in rhubarb purée (reserving 2 tbsp). Stir through reserved 2 tbsp to create a ripple effect. Chill until set.
Rhubarb MOUSE? All too true in my fruit patch unfortunately but not to be encouraged (or eaten…) – would that be rhubarb mousse by chance? b.
Cat submiited the recipe!
Havent tried this yet but sounds good.
Will comment further after the trial.
Have included ginger in the recipe for some added kick. Am about to start now.
Made this today! SCRUMMY!!! Hubby accidentally bought a large can of evaporated milk – so I’ll have to make another batch tomorrow!!! Wasn’t quite sure what to expect, but it was delicious.
Great recipe – really tasty and scrummy, will definitely be making again. Thank you GreenOwl.
Just tried this recipe as I have a huge amount of rhubarb to use up and it looked fabulous. I put it in a posh glass bowl so you could see the swirls, and it was good enough for a dinner party. Will definitely be doing this again – maybe try it with other fruit?