A side salad with a Russian twist.
Ingredients for Russian Salad:
- 1 lettuce heart
- 8 ozs cooked potatoes
- 8 ozs cooked carrots
- 4 ozs cooked peas
- 4 ozs cooked green beans
- 1 large hard-boiled egg
- Slices of pickled cucumber or gherkins
- Plain mayonnaise (bought or made yourself)
Method for Russian Salad:
- Wash lettuce and shake leaves dry.
- Arrange in a salad bowl.
- Cut potatoes and carrots into cubes and put into large bowl.
- Add peas and beans to the bowl and mix well.
- Combine with the mayonnaise – adding enough to coat the vegetables fairly thickly.
- Pile on top of the lettuce and garnish with wedges of hard boiled egg and slices of pickled cucumber or gherkins.
Serves 4 as a side salad. Also a perfect accompaniment to any leftover roast meat.
Leave a Comment Here on Russian Salad Recipe