Ingredients for Rainbow Risotto:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon saffron (or turmeric)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 12 ozs risotto rice (Arborio works best)
- 1 ½ pints vegetable (or chicken) stock – hot
- 1 small sunburst squash, de-seeded and chopped
- 3 ozs peas
- 3 ozs sweet corn kernels
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 2 courgettes, chopped
- Ground Black Pepper
Method for Rainbow Risotto:
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually add all the chopped vegetables and stir until “al-dente”.
- In a separate pan heat some more oil and add the saffron and rice and toast gently until the colouring is absorbed.
- Add the rice to the vegetables and stir. Start to add the hot vegetable stock, stirring continuously. Continue adding the stock and stirring until it is all absorbed and the rice is blown. Season with black pepper and serve immediately.