This recipe uses a selection of vegetables and tomato chutney which, if you make your own, will taste even better.
Ingredients for Spaghetti Cheese:
- 25g margarine or butter
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 25g plain flour
- 125 – 250ml water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 – 2 tablespoons tomato chutney
- 25g frozen peas
- 50g mushrooms, sliced
- 75g Red Leicester Cheese
Method for Spaghetti Cheese:
- Melt the margarine in a saucepan and cook the onion and carrot for 3 -4 mins.
- Add the flour and cook for 1 min.
- Add the chutney, water, stock cube and cook gently until the sauce starts to thicken – more water can be added if you like a really thick sauce.
- Add the peas and mushrooms.
- Boil the spaghetti in another saucepan until tender.
- Drain and add the spaghetti to the sauce.
- Mix in the cheese, saving some for the top.
- Pile the mixture onto a serving plate, sprinkle on the rest of the cheese.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Yummy! Serves 2.
This is a lovely quick & tasty ” supper ” dish. I only use butter (I will never like the taste of marg however much I try ! ) I used up the last bits of cheese that ” HE ” always leaves in the ” fridge” . I will make this again !
I have just made some MANGO chutney, so will put that in next time.
Brilliant and yes, I tried it with Mango chutney (not homemade I’m afraid) without the carrots and it was delicious!!