Ingredients for Pasta and Vegetable Hot Pot:
- 6 ozs pasta shells
- 6 ozs marrow
- 4 sticks of celery
- 4 ozs carrots
- 1 -2 sweet corn cobs, depending on size
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 fluid ozs milk
- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped finely, or ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- A few chopped chives
- 4 ozs grated cheddar cheese.
Method for Pasta and Vegetable Hot Pot:
- Boil 1 ½ pints of water in a large pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and the pasta and cook for 5 minutes.
- Dice the marrow and slice the carrots and celery finely. Remove the sweet corn off the cob. Add to the pan with the pasta, bring back to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Mix the cornflour with the milk and stir into the pan until it starts to thicken. Add the ginger and salt and pepper to taste and continue simmering for a few more minutes..
- Use the remainder of the olive oil to lightly sauté the chopped onions and chives in a separate pan.
- Serve in bowls with the onions and chives on the top and sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese.
A filling vegetable and pasta hot pot enhanced by the taste of ginger. Serves 4.
Leave a Comment Here on Pasta and Vegetable Hot Pot Recipe