An egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche.
Ingredients for Bright Lights Frittata:
- 6 – 8 potatoes – peeled and chopped into smallish chunks
- 6 eggs
- Big bunch of chard
- 1 onion – peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves – chopped or crushed
- Sage (fresh not too much)
- Oil for frying
Method for Bright Lights Frittata:
- Using a wide heavy frying pan fry the onions then garlic whilst par boiling the potatoes (don’t let them break).
- Add chard stalks to onions, then after 2 minutes add leaves.
- Add potatoes, stir through then add egg with sage beaten in. Leave for 10 – 15 mins on low heat.
- Put under grill then add cheese (I did goats cheese last night). Ready when golden.
You can add courgettes, tomatoes, etc to the onions. The most colourful dish you could make. Serves 4.