A tasty aubergine appetiser which can be easily adapted to your personal preferences.
Ingredients for Aubergine Appetiser:
- 3 aubergines
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ozs butter
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 black olives, stoned and chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 6 spring onions
- 4 small tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 4-6 radishes, sliced
Method for Aubergine Appetiser:
- Cut aubergines in half, brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake in an oven-proof dish for approximately 30 minutes at Gas Mark 6, 400 degrees F. Cool
- Scrape out pulp and rub skin through a coarse sieve.
- Mash aubergine pulp and skin with a fork in a bowl and work in the butter, olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Stir in the olives and chill.
- Garnish with the chopped egg, spring onions, tomatoes and radishes.
Serves 4 as a delicious starter or part of a main course meal.