A simple and economical way to use up some of the glut of cucumbers.
Ingredients for Stuffed Cucumbers:
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 lb sausage-meat
- ½ teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- Slices of tomato
Method for Stuffed Cucumbers:
- Wash and dry the cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds and lay the cucumber on a well oiled oven-proof dish, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the sausage-meat with with the herbs and parsley. Divide the mixture into four and roll out each piece to a roll a little shorted than each half of the cucumber.
- Fill the centres of the cucumbers with the sausage-meat mix.
- Bake in the oven at Gas Mark 6, 400 degrees F, for about 40 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with sprigs of parsley and thin slices of tomato.
Serves 4. Can be either a starter or part of a main course meal.