Simple Fried Rice Recipe Submitted by WW.
Ingredients for Simple Fried Rice:
- 3 eggs – lightly beaten
- 200 g bacon – cut into 1” strips
- 1 medium sized onion – roughly diced
- 100 g carrot – diced
- 450 g rice – boiled and allowed to go cold
- 100 g mushrooms – roughly sliced
- 50 g peas
- 50 g green peppers – cut to 1” slices
- 2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 2 spring onions – chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
Method for Simple Fried Rice:
- Boil the rice and set aside and allow to go cold (or use cold leftover boiled rice).
- Beat the eggs with a little salt. Fry as an omelette, cut into 1” squares and set aside.
- In a wok or frying pan, over medium heat, cook the onion and carrot in a tablespoon of oil until softened.
- Add the bacon cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the mushrooms, peas and green pepper and continue cooking for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the cold cooked rice and stir well until rice is in separate grains.
- Add the soya sauce, then the egg squares.
- Cook for about 1 more minute.
- Sprinkle with the spring onions and serve.
This is a quick, easy and filling dish.
You can vary the recipe by adding, for example, prawns, chillies (if you want to give it a kick), leftover cold pork or ham, bamboo shoots or water chestnuts, or just let your imagination run riot.
Another variation is to use cooked cold noodles instead of rice.