This Vegetable Stroganoff Recipe makes enough for 4 persons. Serve hot with rice, noodles, mashed potatoes or with baked potatoes.
Ingredients for Vegetable Stroganoff:
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 oz (112 g) mushrooms, wiped and chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 5 fl oz (140 ml) sour cream or natural yoghurt
- 2 fl oz (56 ml) red table wine
- 1 lb (450 g) mixed raw vegetables (carrots, courgettes, cauliflower, broccoli etc), chopped
Method for Vegetable Stroganoff:
- Steam the vegetables until tender.
- Saute the mushrooms and onion in the olive oil until soft, then add the soy sauce and wine. Simmer for a few minutes and stir in the sour cream or yoghurt and allow to warm through.
- Toss in the steamed vegetables.
- Serve hot with rice, noodles, mashed potatoes or with baked potatoes.