Potato Kugel is a delicious baked potato dish that is very easy to make.
Ingredients for Potato Kugel:
- 6 medium potatoes
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 2 oz (56 g) wholemeal breadcrumbs
- 2 oz (56 g) grated mature cheddar
- 1 oz (26 g) butter
Method for Potato Kugel:
- Peel the potatoes, carrots and onion. Grate through the medium-size hole in a food grater or put through a food processor.
- Lightly beat the eggs with the olive oil and pour over the grated vegetables.
- Stir in the parsley and breadcrumbs and season to taste.
- Transfer into a greased oven-proof dish, dotting the top with the butter.
- Cook uncovered in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 4 (180°C/350°F) for about 45 minutes – sprinkling the top with the grated cheddar after 30 minutes.