Recipe for Buttered Cucumber with Dill sent in by: Granny Dumplin
Ingredients for Buttered Cucumber with Dill:
- 2 cucumbers washed and sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 4 tbls of butter
- 2 tbls of chopped fresh dill weed
- Salt and pepper
Method for Buttered Cucumber with Dill:
- Heat butter in pan.
- Add cucumber slices and chopped dill, toss to coat in butter.
- Season to taste, cover and simmer 4 to 8 mins
- When cooked add remainder of dill and serve.
This dish takes only 10 minutes and makes a light side dish. An unusual flavour filled way to use up a glut of cucumbers.