Ingredients for Cream of Cucumber Soup:
2 large cucumbers peeled, seeded & cut into 1 inch cubes.
1 medium onion
3 cups of hot chicken stock.
2 egg yolks.
2 tbls plain flour.
2 tbls butter.
4 tbls double/whipping cream.
2 cups of milk.
1 blade of mace.
- 4 white pepper corns.
Method for Cream of Cucumber Soup:
- Put milk along with mace & pepper corns into sauce pan and bring to the boil then set aside to cool.
- I another pan melt butter and fry onion for 2 mins.
- Add cucumber cover pan and simmer for 10 mins.
- Stir in flour then slowly dilute with hot stock.
- Strain cooled milk in to mixture.
- Process mixture in a blender till smooth.
- Return mixture to sauce pan add cream and season.
You can serve a dollop of whipped cream floated or a swirl of single cream to add the finishing touch to this cream of cucumber soup.