- Spiced Vinegar (See recipe for Quick Spiced Vinegar)
- Wash the beetroot carefully without rubbing the skin.
- Cook gently in a large pan, covering the beetroot with water, until tender (the length of time will depend on the size of the beetroot).
- Allow to cool and then rub off the skins.
- Large beetroot can be cut into slices of about ¼" or diced into cubes.
- Pack into clean, sterilized, jars and cover with cold spiced vinegar.
- Seal and label with date and contents.
Note: You can use boiling spiced vinegar instead – this makes the storage life longer and it retains the colour.