This variation on the carrot cake recipe is preferred by many people. So far we’ve not come across a carrot cake we didn’t like!
Ingredients for Carrot Cake:
- 8 oz (225 g) plain flour
- 12 oz (330g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons bicarb of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 fluid oz (330 ml) olive oil
- 4 free-range eggs
- 12 oz (330 g) grated carrots
- 6 oz (170 g) cream cheese
- 2 oz ((56 g) butter
- 12 oz (330 g) icing sugar
Method for Carrot Cake:
- Sieve the flour and combine with the other dry ingredients (except the icing sugar).
- Add the oil and then the eggs, one at a time. Mix well after each addition.
- Stir in the grated carrots and pour into two well greased 8″ (20 cm) sandwich tines.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 4 (180°C/350°F) for about 45 minutes.
- Turn out the cakes and allow to cool. Split into two halves.
- Beat the cheese and butter for the icing until soft. Beat in the icing sugar.
- Spread half between the layers of the cakes and sandwich together.
- Spread the remainder on the top.