Recipe for Hot Spicy Beetroot originally submitted in the National Vegetable Society Bulletin.
A spicy beetroot recipe, ideal for serving with boiled meats.
Ingredients for Hot Spicy Beetroot:
- 3 medium sized cooked beetroot
- 1 tablespoonful vinegar
- 1 teaspoonful sugar
- Pinch each of salt, cayenne pepper and mustard.
- 1 tablespoonful butter
- 1 teaspoonful Worcester sauce
- ½ teaspoonful mixed spice
Method for Hot Spicy Beetroot:
- Heat the butter in a vinegar proof sauce pan and add all the ingredients except for the beetroot, stir well and simmer until the sugar has dissolved.
- Dice the beetroot and add it to the mixture.
- Heat gently until the beetroot is heated through. Serve with boiled meats.