Ingredients for Pumpkin Pancakes:
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
Method for Pumpkin Pancakes:
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl
- Beat together pumpkin, egg yolks, milk and oil in a second bowl
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients
- Beat egg whites to soft peak stage. Then fold them into the batter
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into a frying pan to make each pancake and cook until golden
Sorry it’s American measures but lots of folk have cup measures these days.
Make pumpkin purée by baking pumpkin chunks in a hot oven and liquidising with a little milk/water.
I make pumpkin soup so had some purée left over for the pancakes. I use wholemeal flour to be a little healthy and serve with runny honey!