Submitted by Mumofstig
A self saucing chocolate pudding. Easy, delicious and terribly indulgent!
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 3 tablespns cocoa powder
- 6 tablespns butter
- 1/4 cup choc chips – melted together with the butter in microwave for 1 min, stirred.
- 1/4 teaspn salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspns vanilla extract
- 6 tablespns cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown or muscavado sugar
- 1 1/2 cups hot (but not boiling) water
- Whisk dry pudding ingredients together, make a well in the centre.
- Add milk, egg, melted butter/chocolate mix and vanilla extract, mix thoroughly.
- Spoon batter mix into the bottom of slow cooker.
- For topping, whisk cocoa and the 2 different sugars together and then sprinkle the mix over the batter.
- Gently pour the hot water over the back of a spoon and onto the top. DO NOT STIR.
- Cook on high for 2 hrs.
There will be a saucy/sticky layer at the bottom when you spoon it out – just lush with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
OOOH! Look what arrived while I was away! Sounds absolutely lush and is now on my list of new recipes to try this Winter. Thank you MoS