Ingredients for Oh No, Not Marrow Again?:
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium marrow
- 6 fresh tomatoes OR 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Handful mixed herbs eg: parsley, thyme, oregano, sage
- Olive oil
- Grated hard cheese eg: Cheddar
Method for Oh No, Not Marrow Again?:
- Peel onion. Chop onion finely. Place in large pan with a little olive oil and cook gently until soft.
- Meanwhile, peel and de-seed marrow. Cut into large chunks. When onion is soft, add marrow to pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Skin and de-seed the tomatoes and add to the pan with the marrow (OR empty contents of tinned tomatoes to pan).
- Wash and then chop the herbs. Add herbs to pan. Stir well and simmer for about 20 minutes or until marrow is tender but not soggy.
- Transfer to a heat proof serving dish. Sprinkle grated cheese over the top and place under a preheated grill for 5 minutes to brown the cheese.
Serve with warm crusty rolls.
This dish can be served as a vegetable side dish or as a meal in itself.
Despite the title, this recipe may just convince you to grow more marrows.