This risotto uses easy cook brown rice and makes a nice centrepiece for a meal.
Ingredients for Moulded Tomato Risotto:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, peeled and chopped
- 14 oz (400 g) easy cook brown rice
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes, peeled and crushed or 14 oz (400 g) tin canned tomatoes, undrained and mashed
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 1 ¾ pints (1 litre) hot vegetable stock (you can use stock cubes)
- 3 oz (85 g) butter
- 4 oz (112 g) parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt and ground black pepper
Method for Moulded Tomato Risotto:
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, add the onions and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes or so until soft and golden.
- Stir in the rice and cook for a couple of minutes longer.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato purée and stock and cook, stirring frequently, until all of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked.
- Stir in the butter, parmesan cheese, basil and season to taste.
- Spoon into a well-greased oven-proof bowl, cover and bake for 10-15 minutes in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 6/200°C/400°F.
- Allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
Serves 6. Goes well with a green salad and coleslaw.
Leave a Comment Here on Moulded Tomato Risotto Recipe