A really simple and filling recipe for an electric pressure cooker such as the Instant Pot or Pressure King Pro. Can also be made in a conventional stove top pressure cooker, or even the slow cooker (just cook for 3-4 hours in the slow cooker).
It takes less than ten minutes to prepare and the same to cook, so is perfect for rushed mid-week meals.
Although I used red peppers, peas, sweetcorn, and onion in the recipe you can change to tastes. Since any veg can be used in the recipe you can use up whatever is lurking in your vegetable draw making it very frugal.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Vegetable Risotto:
- 300g Risotto Rice
- 600ml vegetable stock – remember when using a pressure cooker less fluid is needed as there is little to no evaporation
- 1 small glass white wine (or additional small glass stock if no wine)
- 1 large onion – diced
- 1 large red pepper – diced
- 1 small cup peas
- 1 small cup sweetcorn
- 2 cloves garlic – crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or a knob of butter
- Mixed herbs, salt, and pepper to taste
Method for Instant Pot Vegetable Risotto:
- Set Instant Pot to stew/sauté mode.
- Melt the butter/olive oil and the onions and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and toss in the oil/onion/garlic mix.
- End stew/sauté mode.
- Add all other ingredients to the pot, mixing together well.
- Set Instant Pot to rice mode. It will need no more than 8 minutes to fully cook, so adjust the timer as necessary.
- Once cooked, release steam and check if any further seasoning required.
- Serve with the parmesan cheese grated over the top.