Ingredients for Marrow and Tomato Gratin:
- 2fl oz x nut oil.
- 1 x large onion chopped (red is sweeter).
- 8 x large tomatoes skinned & chopped.
- 4fl oz x tomato juice.
- A good hand full of chopped fresh herbs ( basil, dill, parsley) or 1 tsp of mixed dried herbs.
- 2lb x marrow peeled, de-seeded & ½” cubed.
- 2 oz crumbled goats cheese + 2 oz grated strong cheddar.
- Salt & pepper.
Method for Marrow and Tomato Gratin:
- Heat oil in sauce pan add onion lightly fry for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes fry for a further 1 minute.
- Stir in juice adding herbs and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add marrow, cover and cook for approx 30 minutes.
- Transfer to oven proof dish top with cheese mix.
- Place under medium grill until golden brown and bubbling.
A filling vegetarian gourmet meal, this Marrow and Tomato Gratin depends on the quality of it’s ingredients. You can’t beat home grown for flavour and freshness.