Ingredients for French Beans with Sour Cream:
- 1lb (450 g) whole french beans
- 4 oz (112 g) butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ pint (300 ml) hot vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons soured cream
- Paprika powder
Method for French Beans with Sour Cream:
- Top and tail the beans and, if very long, cut in half.
- Toss the beans in hot butter, then add the lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and enough stock to cover.
- Simmer the beans gently for about 8 minutes until they are almost tender, then boil rapidly and reduce the liquid to a sauce.
- Serve topped with the soured cream and a sprinkling of paprika.
This French Beans with Sour Cream Recipe makes 4 good helpings. Can be made richer with the use of double cream or, for the calorie conscious, with yoghurt.
Leave a Comment Here on French Beans with Sour Cream Recipe