Recipe for Pizza with Broccoli in the topping.
Ingredients for Pizza Broccoli:
- 1 lb (450 g) pizza dough (See Pizza Dough Recipe)
- 1 lb Pizzaiola tomato sauce
- ½ lb (225 g) chopped broccoli
- 3 oz (84 g) ricotta cheese
- 3 oz (84 g) cheddar cheese – grated
- 3 oz (84 g) mozzarella cheese – shredded
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese – grated
Method for Pizza Broccoli:
- Prepare the Pizza Dough.
- Make the pizzaiola tomato sauce. After about 20 minutes of simmering, add the chopped broccoli and allow it to cook through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the ricotta cheese.
- Spread the broccoli mix over the pizza base, leaving about ½” of the outer edge uncovered.
- Sprinkle with the cheddar and mozzarella cheese and then the grated parmesan.
- Bake as described under Pizza Dough.
Makes one large pizza. If smaller pizzas are required, divide the dough into small lumps, roll into balls and leave to rise separately.