Ingredients for Sauté Turnips with Poppy and Paprika
- 2 lb (small) Turnips peeled and quartered. If using big turnips wedge into eight.
- 4 tbls butter
- 2 tbls Poppy seeds
- 1 tbls Paprika
- 4 tbls red wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Method for Sauté Turnips with Poppy and Paprika
- Season turnips with salt and pepper.
- In a large oven-proof sauté pan, heat butter until starting to brown and take on a nutty flavour.
- Add turnips and toss to coat well.
- Add poppy seeds and sauté until light golden-brown, about 8 to 9 minutes.
- Add paprika and toss to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add vinegar and cook until evaporated/absorbed, 4 to 5 minutes.
A different way with Turnips with an interesting combination of ingredients. The ideal turnip for this dish should be about golf-ball sized. Sweet and tender enough to eat raw grated in a salad if you wish.