Ingredients for Broccoli with Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese:
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 4 large, ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or ½ tablespoon of dried
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 oz (112 g) Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 – 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
Method for Broccoli with Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese:
- Wash the broccoli and break into evenly sized spears. Steam until just tender but still on the crunchy side.
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic. Skin the tomatoes and cut into small chunks. Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion and garlic and fry for about 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and basil to the pan and continue cooking, stirring, until it forms a thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the broccoli in an oven-proof dish and pour the sauce over. Arrange slices of mozzarella on top, sprinkle with the grated Parmesan and then the breadcrumbs.
- Bake on the middle shelf of a pre-heated oven, uncovered, at Gas Mark (200°C/400°F) for about 20 minutes until browned .
Serves 4 as a side dish or part of a main course meal.