Ingredients for Mushroom Roast:
- 1 large or 2 medium sized onions (chopped).
- 1 large green pepper (seeds removed and chopped)
- 4 oz (112 g) mushrooms (sliced)
- 4 oz (112 g) brown breadcrumbs)
- 6 oz grated mature cheddar cheese
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1 oz (28 g) butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
Method for Mushroom Roast:
- Gently fry the onion and green pepper until almost cooked.
- Add mushroom and cook together for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining ingredients, except the cheese and mixed herbs, and blend together thoroughly.
- Grease a cake tin (8″ by 4″) and press the mixture into it.
- Sprinkle with cheese and mixed herbs.
- Bake on the middle shelf of a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 5 (375°F/190°C) for around 45 minutes.
Note: Serve in slices with new potatoes and other veg of choice. Some home-made tomato sauce goes well instead of a “gravy”.