Ingredients for Pasta Hot Pot:
- 6 oz (170 g) spaghetti (broken into 1″ to 2″ pieces)
- 1¼ pints (685 ml) boiling water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz (170 g) marrow (sliced)
- 4 sticks of celery (cut into ½ inch slices)
- 6 oz (170 g) carrots (thinly sliced)
- 1½ oz (42 g) butter
- 6 tablespoons single cream
- 6 oz (170 g) sweet corn kernels
- 1 to 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (finely chopped) or 1 level teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Method for Pasta Hot Pot:
- Drop the spaghetti into salted boiling water in a large saucepan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add marrow, celery, carrot, sweetcorn and butter and bring back to the boil. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the single cream and ginger. Season to taste.
- Transfer into a large casserole and serve.
Note: Garnish the top with a few spring onions, chopped and lightly browned in a little oil. For a more filling meal, hand round some grated cheddar cheese.
Leave a Comment Here on Pasta Hot Pot Recipe