Recipe for Greek Herb Salad sent in by: Granny Dumplin
Ingredients for Greek Herb Salad:
- 1 x tin of Chickpeas, drained and washed
- 1 x 7 oz pack of Feta cheese cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 handfuls of Rocket or mixed salad leaves.
- 1 x tablespoon each of fresh herbs, Flat parsley, Coriander and Mint
- 6 x Green & Black Olives pitted and halved
- 4 tablespoons Greek style yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method for Greek Herb Salad:
- Mix all salad ingredients together and divide between 4 bowls.
- Whiz all dressing ingredients in a blender, chill until dressing becomes thick
- Top salad with dollop of dressing just before serving
Serve this Greek herb salad as a starter or as a side dish for 4 people.
‘Granny Dumplin’ who now lives in Ceredigion had a career as an award winning chef that took him around the world. Cooking is his passion – and eating his dishes ours when we get together.