- Pease pudding hot
- Pease pudding cold
- Pease pudding in the pot, nine days old
- Some like it hot
- Some like it cold
- Some like it in the pot
- Nine days old
Ingredients for Pease Pudding:
- 1 lb (450 g) dried peas (yellow or green)
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 oz (28 g) butter
- 1 egg (beaten)
Method for Pease Pudding:
- Soak the peas overnight in cold water and then drain.
- Peel and chop the onion quite finely and put in a saucepan with the peas and salt. Cover with cold water.
- Bring the pan to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 hours until the peas are soft.
- Drain the peas and onion and either push them through a sieve or purée them in an electric blender.
- Return the purée to a clean saucepan and place over a very low heat.
- Add the butter, beaten egg, and pepper to taste and stir all the time until the mixture is hot.
Note: Especially good with boiled ham and roast pork.