Ingredients for Courgette and Dolcellate Soup:
- 2 tbspns olive oil
- 1 tbspn butter
- 1 med onion, roughly chopped
- 900 g (2 lbs) courgettes, topped and tailed, and evenly sliced (about the thickness of a pound coin) LEAVE SKIN ON!
- 115 g Dolcellate or Gorgonzola
- 1 tspn dried oregano
- 1 pint veg stock
- ½ pt single cream (I used low fat crème fraiche)
- salt and black pepper
Method for Courgette and Dolcellate Soup:
- Heat butter and oil in a large pan, over a medium heat, until foaming.
- Add chopped onion and fry gently for 5 mins, stirring frequently. The onion should be softened but do not allow to brown.
- Add the sliced courgettes and oregano, salt and pepper to taste. You don’t need much salt as the cheese is salty!!!! I used a scant teaspoon.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent sticking, for 10 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, bring to boil. Lower heat, half cover pan, and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir until it’s melted.
- Process the soup using a blender. Press through a sieve into a clean pan. (I skipped the sieve bit!).
- Add two thirds of the cream and stir over a low heat. Don’t allow it to boil!
- Pour into preheated bowls and swirl on the remaining cream. If you have any cheese and oregano left over just sprinkle a bit over.
Use Gorgonzola for a more pronounced taste. Serves 4.