Ingredients for Another Vegetable Layer:
- 1 large aubergine, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 6 courgettes, sliced
- 2 large leeks, sliced
- 6 oz (170 g) grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- ½ pint (290 ml) tomato juice
Method for Another Vegetable Layer:
- Slice the aubergine, salt and allow the juices to drain. Pat dry. Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the aubergine and sliced onion for around 5 minutes.
- Grease a large casserole dish and layer the aubergine, onions, leeks and courgettes in it, sprinkling each layer with cheese, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour the tomato juice over the top.
- Cover and cook in a pre-heated oven Gas Mark 4 (180°C/350°F) for 45 – 60 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Goes well with boiled long-grain rice.