Ingredients for Courgettes with Tomatoes:
- 1½ lbs (675 g) courgettes
- 4 large firm tomatoes, skinned and quartered
- 12 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pint (570 ml) vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoon cornflour, blended with 4 tablespoons of water
Method for Courgettes with Tomatoes:
- Cut the courgettes lengthwise into quarters and then crosswise into ½” (1 cm) pieces.
- Heat around 6 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Add the courgettes, salt and pepper, and stir-fry over a high heat until slightly softened. Transfer onto a plate and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and stir-fry the tomatoes for 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Add the vegetable stock to the pan, with a little more salt and pepper, and bring to the boil. Stir in the cornflour mixture and simmer the sauce, stirring until thickened.
- Place the courgettes in the centre of a warmed serving plate and arrange the tomatoes around them.
- Pour the stock over the courgettes.
Serve hot with boiled brown rice. Enough for 4 people.