Ingredients for Rhubarb Marmalade:
- 4 lb (1.8 kg) rhubarb
- 4 lemons (rind only)
- 2 oz (56 g) walnuts
- ½ pint (285 ml) water
- 5 lb (2.3 kg) sugar
Method for Rhubarb Marmalade:
- Wash and trim the rhubarb, Cut into 1″ (2.5 cm) lengths. Put into a preserving pan with the water, grated lemon rind and chopped walnuts.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the rhubarb is soft.
- Add the sugar and stir until it has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly for about 30 minutes.
- Turn into hot, clean, sterilized jars and seal at once.
- Label with contents once fully cooled.
The set isn’t quite the same as a conventional marmalade but it’s delicious anyway.
Makes about 6 lbs (2.7 kg) of Rhubarb Marmalade. A very unusual marmalade.
To improve the set, add pectin stock or powder whilst making this.
For More Information on Marmalades